Guaranteed not to fall out; they have been designed by a 22 time Marathoner and a Triathlete/Adventure Racer. The patented Ear-Lock technology guarantees a secure fit, even during workouts in the rain, wind, off-road cycling and trail running. Yurbuds are clinically proven to deliver deeper, richer acoustics. Yurbuds work with mp3 devices.
- Ergonomically fit that ensures the earbuds stay in your ears, even during the most strenuous physical activity.
- Ultra-Soft Comfort – Made from ultra-soft medical grade silicone for extreme comfort during extended listening periods.
- Extreme Fit Guarantee a perfect fit.
- Clinically proven to improve sound quality and deliver deeper, richer acoustics.
- Compatible with Jawbone ICON & Jawbone Prime headsets and are clinically proven to enhance the sound during your calls.
- Universal Compatibility – work with mp3 devices including Apple iPod, iPhone supporting an industry standard 3.5mm (1/8″) gold plated stereo mini-plug for wide-ranging compatibility.
- Created for the human ear by athletes, audiologists, and engineers to stay in place, avoid pressure points, and provide a pain-free listening experience.
- Sweat Proof – protect headphones from perspiration, even during the most intense workout sessions. The protective silicone of the earbuds ensures that rain or extreme humidity will stay out of the headphones.
- Warranty Terms – Parts & Labor 90 days
- Height – 25.4 mm (1 in)
- Width – 19.1 mm (.75 in)
- Depth – 38.1 mm (1.5 in)
- Weight – 28 g (1 oz)
- Magnet Type – Ferrite magnet
- Frequency Response – 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity – 110dB/mW sensitivity
- Impedance – 32 ohms
- Connector – 3.5 mm (1/8″) gold-plated stereo mini-plug
- Cord Length – 1.2 m (46.8 in) fiber-reinforced cables
- Operating Temperatures – -10C – 60C (14F – 140F)
- Storage Temperatures – -30C – 80C (-22F – 176F)
- Retail – $30
A month or so ago I was really started to get fed up with my current headphones. To the point that I began to look for a new set with plans on writing a review of them. I had looked at the Yurbuds after learning about them on the Slowtwitch forums. They looked intriguing but I was not ready to pull the trigger. A couple days later I received an email asking me if I had ever tried them or had any plans to do a review of them. Since it was obvious it was meant to be, I took a picture of my ear and sent it in with my order.
The design seems rather simple. The headphones look really similar to the ones that come with Apple products. The little rubber piece where the wire comes out is slightly longer than the Apple earphones are. The connection point is also noticeably more durable. The overall cord length is also quite a bit longer. Now what makes the Yurbuds unique is that they have a medical grade silicone earpiece over the earphone to better interface with your ear. This silicone piece is shaped and comes in 6 sizes. You just send a picture in of your ear with a quarter or Apple earphone and they send you the correct size. I am a size 5 for example. In the end of the silicone piece there is a small hole to direct sound into your ear. On the opposite side of the opening there are two ridges and on the bottom there are 3 which help keep the earphones secure.
The earphones are water resistant and sweatproof. Meaning they can handle running in the rain and sweaty days. They are not meant for water sports. The earphone jack is a standard 3.5 mm connection and works with a wide range of devices. As far as the internal electronics of the earphones, you will have to take a look at the specs above and take them for their word.
I have been happy with the performance thus far. I have used these in the office, cycling, and running. They are definitely an upgrade from standard Apple earphones. I have compared them side to side with the Apple earphones on several songs and the Yurbuds are crisper, louder, and you can hear more of the individual sounds in the music. Not only are they acoustically better, they have not fallen out yet either. The earpieces do in fact stay in place. They are by far more comfortable than the other earphones I have tried, all of them. I actually like the longer cord that these have as well. I figure I can put the excess cord in a pocket if needed but it is hard to make a cord longer. My only gripe would be that the silicon seems to attract things to stick to it. Such as cat hair in my house but also specs of dust and dirt. I have to wipe them off either with my fingers or shirt before sticking them in my ear.
Overall [field name=iFrame]
The Yurbud earphones are a definite upgrade to my current earphones. I cannot comment on the durability yet but will touch on it down the road. They stay in place and sound good which is two important aspects for me. When wearing them you can still hear wind noise and car noise which is good and bad. Good for safety, bad for sound. I would definitely recommend these as an option if you’re other sports headphones are uncomfortable or fall out often. At $30 these are priced fairly for what you get. The Ironman pair seems a little high in price. The $30 model does come with a small zipper pouch, I could have done without this. Inside the pouch there is a quick start guide which is helpful, showing you how to insert and twist the earphones into place. Hopefully with these I will be able to stop looking for other earphone options. As always, your mileage may vary.
- Long cord
- Stay in place
- High quality sound
- Silicone attracts stuff
- Price? – Depending on model