Give yourself an edge with CEP Running O2 Compression Socks featuring 18-25mmHg compression. Used by professional triathletes around the world, CEP running socks are the first scientifically proven compression running socks to maximize power, boost energy, and speed recovery time.
CEP Running O2 Sportsocks maximize muscle oxygenation and boost energy with CEP’s unparalleled scientifically optimized ultimate compression technology for all-day benefits. You’ll run with less effort, increased speed, decreased recovery time, reduced fatigue and optimized performance.
- Pre-exercise – muscle activation and reduction of injury risk
- During Exercise – optimized performance and stabilization, reduced muscle strain
- Post-Exercise – quicker and shorter recovery phase
- Achilles heel support – additional support of the Achilles tendon protects and prevents irritable tendons.
- Ventilation channels – create a pleasant foot climate.
- Padded sole – special support of the foot sole prevents blisters.
- Anatomically-shaped inline seams – CEP socks come with a left and right model and, as a result, adjust to the anatomy of the foot for a perfect fit thanks to medi’s three-dimensional manufacturing process.
- CellTex Fiber finishing – a new refinement of thread (without chemical additives) facilitates the biological activation of skin cells and provides a comfortable, skin sympathetic and climate-regulating wear.
- iPS Integrated power system – a defined compression with scientifically patented pressure profile improves blood circulation and enhances performance.
- Shin protection
- Material – 85% Polyamide, 15% Elastane
- Measured Size III
- Weight – 28 g each (1 oz)
- Price – $60
There is a lot of talk about compression socks out there. The triathlon community has especially embraced compression socks. A big difference with CEP socks is they are made by the medi company. Medi has specialized in compression wear for medical institutions for 50 years. The first thing I noticed about my compression socks is the color. I have the bright green. The socks are made with 15% elastane.
This gives the socks the stretch and compression factor. They come in right and left specified so they can adjust to the shape of each foot better. There are ventilation channels on the bottom of the foot to help keep a pleasant climate around your foot. The sole of the foot is also padded slightly to prevent blisters. This padded section continues up the Achilles tendon and over the top of the toes to protect them as well. The socks come in men’s and women’s and in 4 different colors.
What can you say about socks? CEP offers several sizes based on calf size. Just measure your calf and order the appropriate size. Compression socks are not easy to put on, but with practice they get easier. I used these socks a couple times running and as a recovery sock the majority of the time. I was a bit skeptical of them when I first purchased them but have been pleased with the performance thus far. The socks are tighter around the foot and less compressive at the top of the calf. This helps move the blood up the leg and appears to work. I have no scientific evidence to prove it works but it feels like it to me. I did not like running with them as much as I liked wearing them for recovery. Especially after tough runs and races. I noticed that my calves were not as tight or sore as they are without wearing them. Obviously there could be other reasons for this but consistently I felt better so the socks must be helping. The socks are comfortable to wear all day and for me they come up to just below my knee cap. On my couple runs in the socks, I had no issues with blisters, they fit really well.
If you have not tried compression socks, they are worth a try. Especially if you have tight calves or put in hard training days. While they may look odd to others, the benefits are worth it in my opinion. I just wear pants when I am wearing them. The only drawback I have with these are the cost, $60 for a pair of socks is pretty steep. But as always, your mileage may vary.
Pros [field name=iFrame]
- Speeds Recovery
- Expertise in compression garments
- Breathe Well
- Comfortable on Long Runs